Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm tired of Ikea "wood."

Like most college students, while in college, Philip and I acquired a lot of Ikea furniture.  While in this temporary apartment, we don't want to buy all new furniture but I'm so tired of the fake wood color! The Ikea furniture serves it's purpose for now, so I decided to paint it.  Here's what I came up with.  



  Here is the before....


 ....and the after!


I wanted it to look old and antique so I painted it a couple times and then sanded the hell out of it.  Then, I got a "how to use a drill" tutorial from Philip, and I added these super cute knobs (on sale at Hobby Lobby for $2 each!)


This is the before of our TV tray.  We use them randomly around the house for whatever is needed.  









Here is the after!  I painted them gray and then painted on a design on the top.  Now they look like a happy matching pair.  

























We will probably still use them as an end table and a night stand.  





I hope you like!













Of course I couldn't do this by myself.  My kitty Mable kept me company while I was painting :)





3 comments:

  1. You are so crafty! I wish I could think of brilliant quick (and cheap) fixes like these! Kudos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, Hey! Your dresser looks really cute, love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, i'm so proud, wendy! i love the pattern on top of the tv trays!

    ReplyDelete

Followers