Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thrift Store Steals!

I have long been obsessed with thrift stores, but walking into a new one here in Orlando was like walking into a gold mine!  I got 3 pieces of antique looking glass objects, a "sardine" dish, 2 hand painted hot plates, a mirror, a luggage rack, and a lamp for $22!  I couldn't be happier.  



Here is the glass, the hot plates, the sardine dish, and the lamp.  This part was $12. 



These hot plates are perfect for adding some color in the kitchen!




 How cute is this little Sardine Factory dish??  It's a great night stand addition.  I changed the lamp shade and distressed the bronze base on the lamp and it's as good as new!



You can never have enough antique glass pieces.  These are cute and light for the bathroom.  



Thanks to Molly Molina (The Nesting Game - My Friends Have Baggage)  I decided my friends have baggage too.  I immediately went on a search for a baggage holder for our spare bedroom and found one!  It's not as cute as Molly's, but I'll work on that another day.  I was just happy to find one the first place I looked.  The mirror was also part of the thrift store shopping spree.  I might do something with that later too..... soooo many projects to work on!



2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love your buys, Wendy! Especially that milk bottle. Hope you are enjoying Orlando. Thanks for the shout-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Wendy! See, just giving your home a little love makes you start to enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers